Symptoms of malware injection attack in joomla 3 and 2.5
- Website is misbehaving and not functioning properly.
- Homepage loads for ages.
- You can not open your site again unless you have disabled your antivirus ( avast antivirus) for sometime.
- Homepage is not redirecting properly.
Where is the malware injected code in joomla?
How to clean up Joomla legacy.php injection attack?
The first suspect will be the jQuery.mini.php but if the jQuery.mini.php is clean . Go to library and open legacy folder, here you can find legacy.php open this file using Dreamweaver or plain notepad. Mostly the malicious script will be in the opening of the php script line 1. You have to look for unusual script something like this..
Now, if your site is still infected and can not be open. Follow the few step below ..
Open your template folder, download index.php and open using Dreamweaver or Notepad (don’t use notepad++). Again look for unusual script inside your index.php. The injected malware script will be some where in the middle of the file. Delete it !!
If you can not identify the injected code please compare your file with the backup file you kept. Or you can just replace the file.
Prevent Reinfections from malware attack
Removing the malware is not enough. The hackers regularly try to update the malicious code so the problem will inevitably return unless you delete all the backdoors and close the security holes.
In other words, after removing the visible parts of infection, you should harden you site to prevent reinfections:
- Change passwords for all Joomla sites.
- Review them for malicious admin users.
- Make sure your CMS and all its third-party components are up-to-date. All unused stuff should be ruthlessly deleted from server.
- Add some protection against brute force attacks.
- Always update your joomla….update your joomla!!
Latest posts by Suanlian Tangpua (see all)
- Moto G5 Review – Detailed Specification of Moto G5 - May 10, 2017
- SEO To Do List 2017 – 50 Tips! - April 23, 2017
- Genuine ways to make money online the ultimate guide to earning on the internet - March 6, 2017