Recently, there was a problem in updating Joomla version 3.6.1 to 3.6.2 . After the process was done, the site was locked out completely and give an error message-
Joomla Update fails with an error message
“The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again.”
Many Joomla site owners have faced problem in updating Joomla. It was not a browser cache or system cookies problem.
After doing some researched I have found out that it was not a big issue or code error. First, you have to update the Joomla! update component in the Extensions updates manager. After all the extensions were updated to each latest version you can update the Joomla core to the latest version.
I will show you how to fix Joomla updating problem
Please kindly follow the simple steps below.
1. Before updating the jo0mla, you need to update the extension first. Click the View Updates
2. Select the Updates, ie, Joomla! Update Component Update
3. Click Update
4. Now go back to the Admin dashboard or you may go to the maintenance – Update Joomla!
5. Now, to update Joomla! Click Update Now
6. Click Install the update
7. Wait for some time to finish the updating…
8. You are done.
Latest posts by Suanlian Tangpua (see all)
- 9 good reasons to buy google pixel 2 xl – Google pixel 2 xl full review! - October 22, 2017
- Moto G5 Review – Detailed Specification of Moto G5 - May 10, 2017
- SEO To Do List 2017 – 50 Tips! - April 23, 2017