“The aim of life is self-development. To realize one’s nature perfectly that is what each of us is here for.”
– Oscar Wilde
Aim or setting goal is important for every person because without aim man is directionless. Aim in life gives meaning to life. Person is incomplete without an aim in life. It is very important that an aim is formulated and efforts are put in to achieve that aim. The following question should stimulate your thinking: Where will you be and what will you be doing ten years from today if you keep doing what you are doing now? You have to be bold enough to ask of life more than you may, right now, feel you are worth because it is an observable fact that people tend to rise to meet demands that are put upon them.
1. Set your goals short term and long term and then time required for its achievement.
2. Determine how you spend your time for this you have to follow schedule. The schedule can be weekly, fortnightly, monthly or yearly.
For Setting your Goals, there are four important things to keep in mind.
(a) Write down your goal. You will then begin to crystallize your thinking. The very act of thinking as you write will have a tendency to create an indelible impression in your memory.
(b) Give yourself a deadline. Specify a time for achieving your objective. This is important in motivating you: set out in the direction of your goal and keep moving towards it.
(c) Set your standards high. Now there seems to be a direct relationship between ease in achieving a goal and the strength of your motives. And the higher you set your major goal, generally speaking, the more concentrated will be the effort you make to achieve it. The reason: logic will make it mandatory that you at least aim at an intermediate objective as well as an immediate one. So aim higher. And then have immediate and intermediate steps leading towards its achievement. The following question should stimulate your thinking: where will you be and what will you be doing ten years from today if you keep doing what you are doing now?
(d) Aim high. It is a peculiar thing that no more effort is required to aim high in life, to demand prosperity and abundance, than is required to accept misery and poverty.
Evaluate Your Time Management:
• How much time have you set aside to meet your goals (above)?
• Does your time allocation reflect the priority of your goals?
• Can your uncommitted hours be reallocated to meet your priorities?
• List four activities that you will like to do in your uncommitted time
Dare to dream! If you did not have the capability to make your wildest wishes come true, your mind would not have the capacity to conjure such ideas in the first place. There is no limitation on what you can potentially achieve, except for the limitation you choose to impose on your own imagination. What you believe to be possible will always come to pass – to the extent that you deem possible.
~ Contributed by Ginmuan Khuptong, New Delhi
Latest posts by Suanlian Tangpua (see all)
- 9 good reasons to buy google pixel 2 xl – Google pixel 2 xl full review! - October 22, 2017
- Moto G5 Review – Detailed Specification of Moto G5 - May 10, 2017
- SEO To Do List 2017 – 50 Tips! - April 23, 2017